Descripción & Documentación
VACUSAFE Safe disposal of biological liquids
Vacuum systems are widely used in biological laboratories for the aspiration, collection and subsequent disposal of biological liquid waste. Typically, “do-it-yourself” systems, consisting of a vacuum flask connected via a tubing to a water-jet pump, are found in laboratories. However, these self-made systems have some significant drawbacks. Emptying the flask is tedious and messy, connected Pasteur pipettes can get broken and injure the operator and most critical, the vacuum source often gets contaminated by liquids or aerosols.
As a much safer and user-friendly alternative, INTEGRA developed the VACUSAFE Aspiration System. VACUSAFE is a compact, all-in-one laboratory vacuum pump, providing a safe and efficient way to collect and contain biological liquid waste. For maximum safety, VACUSAFE is equipped with vacuum source protection, a shatterproof bottle and a secure stand that holds the bottle in place.
Protect yourself and the lab
The VACUSAFE product range offers different levels of safety depending on the requirements of specific applications. Basic safety characteristics that apply to all models include the:
hydrophobic filter for vacuum source protection,
shatterproof bottle for prevention of spills,
stand for securely holding the bottle in place,
autoclavability of the system components that contact liquid.
For total containment of hazardous liquids, the best choice is one of the closed systems with additional safety features:
Integrated pump with vacuum control (no risk of contaminating house vacuum pipelines and reduced environmental impact by evaporation of volatile solvents).
Self-closing connectors for avoiding escape of drops or aerosols from disconnected bottle and tubing.
Level sensor detecting when the bottle is full and so preventing liquid overflow.
The VACUSAFE enables Biosafety level 1, 2 and 3 labs to comply with the stringent user safety guidelines for handling contaminated solutions while maximising productivity and minimising noise and operational inconveniences.
User-friendly: For productive aspiration tasks
A simple routine task like the aspiration of liquids requires user-friendly equipment that is easy to install and convenient to operate. Only so it is possible for the user to fully concentrate on relevant and complex work. Several aspects make the VACUSAFE a convenient tool for productive aspiration:
- All-in-one system includes all necessary components. Consumables and spare parts are always available from the same source.
- Straightforward operation – simply switch on, set the desired vacuum and start working.
- The integrated pump orvalve is switched off automatically when the vacuum is established in the bottle and is switched on again when the vacuum is used – this way unnecessary noise is avoided and the pump’s lifetime increased.
- The noise of the integrated pump is well below 65 dB(A), the level recommended by the European agency for health and safety at work.
- The quick tubing connectors speed up bottle removal and also make this operation safer.
- Carrying and emptying the bottle is much easier and safer with the specially designed handle.
Versatility: Versatile tools for all liquid aspiration tasks
An important component contributing to the versatility of the VACUSAFE system is the vacuum aspiration tool VACUBOY because it can be fitted with different adapters for removal of liquids from virtually every laboratory vessel. The application range is further expanded by the possibility to adjust the vacuum level depending on the needs: from gentle removal of supernatants from a centrifuge tube or 96-well plate to fast emptying of a large culture flask
The system’s versatility is increased by the option to connect two VACUBOY aspirators to the same VACUSAFE, which is particularly important for busy laboratories where often two persons work simultaneously in the same biosafety cabinet.
VACUSAFE product range:
- Shatterproof autoclavable waste collection bottle and handle.
- Hydrophobic filter for protection against overflow of liquid and escape of aerosols.
- Autoclavable VACUBOY aspiration tool with different adapters and tubing.
- Vacuum control: noise reduction, increased pump's lifetime, minimised evaporation of volatile solvents
- 4 litre polypropylene bottle
Specifications for VACUSAFE
- Vacuum range -300 to -600 mbar (adjustable)
- Pump flow rate 8 L/min (air)
- Aspiration rate of liquids 17 ml/s (aspiration pipette)
- Noise emission < 50 dB (A) at 1 m
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 53 x 18 x 32 cm
- Weight 3.4 kg
- Input voltage 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Categoría de Producto:
- Pequeños aparatos
- Subcategoría de Producto:
- Aspiradores de líquidos
- Temperatura Envío:
- Temperatura Almacenaje:
- Disponible bajo pedido
- Manejo de líquidos